25 Chatbot Statistics that every B2B Marketer Needs to Know
“Artificial intelligence is growing up fast, as are robots whose facial expressions can elicit empathy and make your mirror neurons quiver.” —Diane Ackerman (American Poet)
Above quote beautifully points out the acceleration with which artificial intelligence services are revolutionizing the modern machines and at the same time draws your attention towards their capability of replicating human behavior. Machines can now act like humans, react like humans and talk like humans. And if we are discussing the last part, how can we not talk about chatbot statistics.
Chatbots – The bots who can chat like humans, based on algorithms and programming. Chatbot development services are coming up with new features every day to make you feel like you are chatting with an actual human on the other side. The growth rate of chatbots in businesses is so high that it is almost becoming a hygiene factor for efficient customer support. But if you are a B2B marketer, I know you would not believe me just like that, because business understands the language of numbers. Hence, this article presents you with 25 striking chatbot statistics that every B2B marketer must know:
Statistics about Chatbots
1. Google Trends says that the search number using chatbots has increased by 19 times in the last 5 years. (Medium, 2019)
2. The number of monthly active users of messaging apps is more than 5 billion. (Hubspot, 2017)
3. Facebook’s bot platform has already been used to create 300,000 chatbots. (venturebeat.com, 2018)
4. On a global scale, it will take less than 10 years for the chatbot market to reach $1.2 billion as per a Grand View Research Report. (acquire.io, 2019)
5. The top industries which are already profiting from chatbots include Real Estate, Travel, Education, Healthcare and Finance. (chatbotslife.com, 2019)
Statistics about Chatbot Users
6. 40% of millennials use chatbots on a daily basis. (acquire.io, 2019)
7. According to a survey, 37% of Americans would use chatbots to get a quick answer in an emergency.
8. 64% of Americans feel that the best feature of a chatbot is its 24-hr availability.
9. 43% of adult Americans still prefer a real-life assistant as compared to a chatbot.
(7, 8, 9 points according to Convince and Convert, stats)
10. 34% of respondents won’t mind answering questions asked by a chatbot corresponding to the online retail industry, followed by healthcare and telecommunications with 27% and 25% respectively. (Statista Questioning 2017, chatbotsmagazine 2018)
11. Baby boomers (age 55+) are 24% more positive towards the beneficial impact of chatbots in 5 out of 9 listed categories as compared to millennials (age 18-34). (Drift, 2018)
12. 21% of UK consumers feel that chatbots are the easiest way to reach a business. (Ubisend, 2017)
13. 40% of consumers do not care if the customer service is being provided by a bot or an actual human being as long as the service is satisfactory. (invespcro.com, 2017)
Statistics about businesses using Chatbot development services
14. By 2020, 25% of customer service operations will be handled by chatbot technology. (Gartner, 2018)
15. Companies will be saving around $8billion annually by using chatbots in their systems. (A research report on 50 companies by Juniper 2017, haptik.ai)
16. In the UK, 43% of consumers perceive companies that use chatbots as “innovative.”(Ubisend, 2017)
17.According to a study by Humley, 43% of US digital banking users are comfortable in reporting any issue to a chatbot. (Emarketer, 2018)
18. Among all the B2B companies, only 0.5% was using chatbots in 2018. (Nerdydata, 2018)
19. Mobile apps will be outrun by chatbots in the next 5 years as believed by 67% of businesses.(Medium, 2019)
20. 58% of the businesses which use chatbot technology are B2B. (Ubisend, 2019)
21. 30% of customer support cost can be saved using chatbots. (invespcro.com, 2017)
Statistics about Chatbot Development in India
22. There was more than 100 Indian chatbot startup listed in Tracxn Database. (yourstory.com, 2017)
23. The Indian company Haptik is one of the world’s biggest names in conversational bot industry. They recently also got an investment of $100 million from Reliance Jio. (haptik.ai, 2019)
24. HDFC Bank’s chatbot “EVA” has handles 2.7+ million queries and over 5 lac users. (esds.co.in, 2018)
25. A study by KPMG and Google in 2017 says that growth of non-English speaking internet users will be around 18% till 2021, which can prove to be a huge opportunity/challenge for chatbots in India.(yourstory.com, 2017)
Here is an infographic for the same:
As a B2B marketer, you don’t want to miss a single client, and as proved by the above stats, customer care chatbots are happy to help you in the same. Chatbots act as a 24-hr service which can handle queries from your potential customers even when you are asleep and that too in an instantaneous way. These numbers are not only attracting businesses to use chatbots but also motivating the bot development companies to come up with more sophisticated systems.
However, the past 4-5 years should just be considered as a start for the chatbots. The opportunities which are being created with the integration of voice recognition and IoT with the chatbot technology has surprised even the best chatbot and AI developers. Chatting in multiple languages, understanding the mood of the customers by the words, NLP and accent/dialect learning, etc. are some areas of research which on completion can make the chatbots more human-like and hence, more engaging.
Latest posts by Reema Jindal (see all)
- 8 Tips for Choosing the Right Custom Web Development Company providing a Turnkey Solution - November 22, 2019
- How can Custom Web Development Fix Your Security Concerns? - November 11, 2019
- 10 Things To Consider While Developing A Successful Custom Website - October 7, 2019