Latest Trends in Mobile App Development
Technology is fleeting, it is dynamic. To maintain its relevance in the ever-changing technology, it has become increasingly important for mobile app technology to keep developing. No doubt mobile app development has been at the forefront of the smartphone technology, but the emergence of new markets, technology and domains have given rise to new trends in the development of mobile apps that have become crucial for its existence, keeping itself relevant, and most importantly, for remaining in the competition.
It is all about staying fresh, changing with the change in time and maintaining a standard position which can help your mobile app remain in the trend, and not get stagnant or irrelevant. So without wasting any time let`s get straight to the latest trends in mobile app development technology that could help your app remain relevant, dynamic and flexible.
Top 7 Latest Trends in Mobile App Development
- Artificial Intelligence – It is all about making a user experience personalized interaction with mobile, feeding data relevant to the user to recommendation engine and keeping track of user behavior that AI has become an inevitable component of mobile application development technology. The outcome of AI has been revolutionary, direct representation of which is Chatbot technology running on AI that made conversation with technology possible in reality. It would be suitable to quote here the data that shows interaction with chatbots would rise to 93 percent – from 20 percent – by 2022. Is not it mind-blowing revelation!
- Cloud Computing – To store efficiently the unlimited data generated by the user has been rendered easy with the advent of cloud computing. It has made multi-tasking speedy and made general mobile operations fast. What comes with cloud computing is enhanced security, more speed, and consistency in mobile apps that have gone long way helping reduce storage problem, and collecting the maximum amount of relevant data for analytics to transform into useful business insights.
- Internet of Things – One of the game-changers in mobile app development is the emergence of IoT. It has made sensor technology a common thing today as many devices come with embedded sensors for various purposes ranging from health and fitness to door locks, from fire alarms to switching on and off lights. To connect with those sensors remotely mobile apps have become indispensable. These apps not only perform the function of supervising those devices, automating recurring tasks but in synchronizing data generated across IoT enabled devices such mobile apps have become the next trend in mobile technology.
- Wearable Devices – Wearable devices in the form of smartwatches and other such kinds have become immensely popular. It has opened up a new market of the immense potential that has to be explored to its full potential with the help of wearable apps. Since these devices have to be connected to the mobile devices for performing or assisting in managing various tasks of immediate consequence, it can be done alone when we have in mobile an app to execute such tasks as making and receiving a call, accessing our smartphone right from the smartwatch, keeping track of our fitness, receiving notification right on our smartwatch about the task we have already planned, and so on. A study has revealed that by 2020 the number of devices connected to mobile technology would rise to 830 million.
- Digital Payments –Mobile technology has made it possible to make payments and transactions digitally. It has given rise to a new kind of business called e-commerce. Today there are not only the ones but tens and hundreds of apps for conducting mobile payments available in app stores. Banking through mobile is today as common as making a call. That is not the end of it, however, it has given birth to a lot many innovative modes of payment systems, be it crypto-currency or paying by scanning your card. So payment app for mobile is a trend to ride on.
- Enhanced Security – One of the major challenges mobile technology has been posed with is the security of mobile apps. It has given many nightmares to the developers of these apps but they have remained steadfast and keep working to develop new security features to make mobile apps secure. The outcome of their efforts is security features such as encryption, multi-level authorization for access to the app and least easy availability of information like an app code.
- Location Sensors – In smartphones these days, motion sensing is not the only cool feature that has improved the user experience. In fact, it has revolutionized the way we play games on smartphones. But still, I feel location sensing is the coolest feature. It has resulted in the development of apps that give the real-time location of the users, assist in managing maps, and above all, offer a real-time view of the traffic. To navigate has become a lot easier on a smartphone with the help of location sensors and apps today come with embedded features like location sensing.
Keeping in mind these top 7 trends in mobile app development today can give you the glimpse of how far mobility has progressed. It would not be wrong to say, at least from the perspective of what we have already discussed above, that applications have become an indispensable component of the mobile technology. To imagine a smartphone without any app installed on it is quite an unimaginable thing. At the same time we have seen how new technology has created more scope for mobile app development, and keeping a strict watch over what`s trending today in mobile app development could help you get the feel how to go about the business. After all, you won`t desire to create an irrelevant app out of sheer ignorance.
The trends I have deliberated on are not the only ones out there, but they are undoubtedly the most commonplace trends that are of greater influence in the business world globally. It is no longer impossible to do location-based marketing, keeping track of user experiences like trends, tastes, and choices for executing personalized marketing. It is the reason that most of the apps these come with features like location sensing, and so on. As an app developer, you would either have to upgrade an app to incorporate these trends so as to make it relevant to the market demand or you`ll have to pay special attention to these latest trends in the mobile app development in order to create mobile apps that are fully embedded with features modern technology demands. It is the matter of keeping up with the mood of the times so as to never miss on the target, market, and profit.
Latest posts by Rohit Madaan (see all)
- Top 10 Real Estate Marketing Ideas - September 5, 2018
- Smart Business Strategy Using END to END Mobile Phone Integration. - August 31, 2018
- Artificial Intelligence Application in Robotics - August 9, 2018